I am a PhD student of Economics at NYU. I do research is in the Patent Race Games. After one year of spending half of my stipend on the student housing in East Village, and another year of supporting a greedy land lady, I decided to never rent an apartment any more. I spent three month living in the parks, beaches and rooftops while taking courses, teaching, and doing my research. Then I invested the money I saved into a sailboat, and I have had a beautiful and almost free place to live ever since.
I don't think I am qualified to advice on how to get admitted. However, I can explain you how to set up your own romantic floating home for a fraction of what you would pay for a shared room in NYC.
- Bsc in Applied Math from University of West Bohemia, Pilsen, Czech Republic
- Msc in Applied Math from Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Msc in Economics from Barcelona GSE, Spain
- 2011-2016 McCracken Stipend
- 2010-2011 LaCaixa Scholarship
- 2008-20010 Taiwan Governmental Scholarship